Our mission is to develop person-centred, family-focused solutions which are flexible, responsive and evidence-informed. We believe that every individual on the autism spectrum has the right to be an active participant in the community and to make choices about things that matter. These values are demonstrated in the work that we do, and the way that we do it.
We aim to support and empower individuals on the spectrum and their families to bring about meaningful change based on functional goals. We work in partnership with the individual and their support network to identify strengths, areas of need, and develop intervention strategies that work in with interests, capabilities, and cultural beliefs. Aspect Therapists work with a diverse population of clients and families and are knowledgeable and respectful in their response to each family’s cultural, ethnic, racial, language and socioeconomic characteristics.
Our therapy services include speech pathology, occupational therapy, psychology, education and skills development, positive behaviour support, tele-health services, and parent training. Our therapy services utilise key elements from behavioural, developmental & social learning, therapy-based, and family-based intervention, and are delivered in an environment that best suits the individual, family, and goals for intervention. This may be in the home, online via video-conferencing, or in another environment such as at child care, preschool, school, out in the community, day programs, or in one of our group-based therapy programs. We also offer clinic-based intervention, holiday assessment clinics and outreach programs in several locations.
Aspect Therapy also offers internationally renowned parent training programs such as Hanen More Than Words™ and Hanen Talkability™. These workshop programs are presented by our Aspect Hanen-certified speech pathologists.
Many of our therapy services include the following:
- Assessment of individual needs and current levels of functioning
- Development and review of an Individual Service Plan
- Individual therapy focusing upon the core development needs
- Working with carers and other support persons to assist them to promote the individual’s learning
- Help with resources that support learning and communication (parents and carers are provided with examples of resources and supported to develop their own)
- Session notes which include strategies to promote learning and development at home and in other settings
- Consultation and collaboration with other service providers and places of education
- Assistance to purchase resources that support intervention (as necessary and reasonable)
- Summary report
- Travel and administration
Our Therapy Services
For more information on the availability of Aspect Therapy in your area, contact us via telephone or email:
Aspect Therapy Price Guide
Aspect Therapy Fees July 2019
Aspect Therapy Participant Handbook