Aspect Working Bees
Our autism specific schools and services always need a hand with gardening, painting or room makeovers, so if you are a hands-on group of people this might be the right thing for you.
- Group Size: +/- 10
- Time commitment: Weekdays - 9.30am to 3.30pm
- Location: NSW and VIC - depending on the school or service
- Availability: All year round, though depending on the need of our schools and services - please contact us to find out more
- Requirements: Our organisational volunteers cover all associated costs - e.g. for wall paint or other DIY
- Materials: Alternatively, we kindly ask your organisation for a donation which directly benefits those living with autism
Aspect Combined Schools Sports Carnival
Don’t miss out on this very special event where more than 600 students from our autism specific schools get together with their families and friends to participate in the world’s biggest athletics carnival for children on the spectrum. We will keep you busy with marshalling duties, helping with facilitating the various fun activities or entertaining our students in funny mascot costumes which can be a tough job on a 30⁰C day.
- Group size: 5 to 50 as we require up to 75 volunteers overall.
- Time commitment: Weekdays - 8:30am to 1:30am.
- Location: Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre
- Availability: September every year - please contact us to find out about the exact date for the next scheduled Sports carnival.
- Requirements: Every volunteer needs a valid Working With Children Check which can be easily obtained.
- As the event comes with expenses for the venue, catering and Sports Carnival equipment, we kindly ask your organisation to help us covering these costs by making a donation towards our Sports Carnival event.
Aspect hosts 3-day camps for children and young people on the autism spectrum a couple of times a year and needs enthusiastic people who help out with a range of different activities such as art & craft, dancing, bush walking, volley ball or meal preparation.
- Group size: 5 to 10
- Time commitment: We usually run our camps for 3 days during school holidays (weekdays), but it is possible to volunteer for only 1 or 2 days.
- Location: Various locations in VIC, usually within 2 hours drive from Melbourne. If volunteers decide to help out multiple days they can stay at the camp facility overnight with onsite accommodation being organised by Aspect. A small surcharge for accommodation will apply.
- Availability: Usually during school holidays in spring and autumn - please contact us to find out about the next available camp volunteering opportunity.
- Requirements: Every volunteer needs the following checks (verified by Aspect and appropriately cleared prior to the camp - our HR Team can assist with obtaining the relevant checks)
- Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- National Police Criminal History Check
- Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check
In order to reduce the participation fees for families and keep the costs as low as possible, we kindly ask you organisation to make a donation towards our Aspect Camps.
If you enjoy being involved in events – whether it’s a major sports event like the City2Surf or a golf day – this might be the right volunteering activity for you. Come and help us with a range of different activities such as selling raffle tickets, marshalling or handing out water at sports events.
- Group size: 5 to 10 - depending on the event
- Time commitment: Weekdays or weekend, full-day or half-day - depending on the event
- Location: NSW and VIC
- Availability: All year round with many events taking place in the second half of the year - please contact us to find out more about available event volunteering opportunities.
- Requirements: Our organisational volunteers cover all associated costs (e.g. for catering) where applicable; alternatively, we kindly ask your organisation for a donation which directly benefits those living with autism.
Interested in volunteering for Aspect? We would love to hear from you!
If you would like to get involved in one of the above volunteering opportunities with your colleagues and team members please contact us and we will find out what’s available for you.
Call our Philanthropy team on 02 8977 8148 or fill out the contact form below: